Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davelcom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: compromised email

Go to solution

One is by outlook, the other is bt yahoo web mail, They can both send emails to one of my other addresses, the dodgy invoice has been scanned and checks ok. The invoice in my sent folder originated in Helsinki from a hosting company, the invoice which was sent to the other company was traced from los angeles. The fraudulent invoice has so many mistakes on it it looks like a child composed it. The name on the invoice was a company in Kent who I have never dealt with and the bank details are from a German bank.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution

Can you confirm that you are using webmail and not an email client?

0 Ratings
Davelcom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

Yes I use web mail

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

I am out of ideas with this one.

You appear to have checked everything that could be blocking the emails from the two contacts and if they are showing as being sent in your contacts email accounts they must be getting blocked on route.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @Davelcom Sorry that you are having this issue with your email account. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us the details. Please include as much information as you can and we will see if we can find out what is going wrong here. Due to the Bank Holidays it will be next week before we are able to get in touch with you. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Davelcom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

Problem Solved!   I've just sat with the IT Manager of the first company who received the dodgy invoice. The problem was in the Blocked Senders list, while the two emails were not listed there were a few entries which I thought were just default entries which when removed cured the problem. The entries were just a series of dots like ... and ..... and ...... along with a couple of others. Perhaps someone more savvy than myself could explain this.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

No idea why they would be listed like that but glad it is resolved for you.

0 Ratings
Davelcom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

many thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @Davelcom Glad to hear you got this sorted and thanks for posting back to let is know why it was happening.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution

@Davelcomwrote:

Problem Solved!   I've just sat with the IT Manager of the first company who received the dodgy invoice. The problem was in the Blocked Senders list, while the two emails were not listed there were a few entries which I thought were just default entries which when removed cured the problem. The entries were just a series of dots like ... and ..... and ...... along with a couple of others. Perhaps someone more savvy than myself could explain this.

Hi, glad it's now working.

With regard the dotted entries, could this be due to a possible extended length email address being too long to effectively show in the list correctly? Some list senders can use very long addresses, sometimes a unique reference to the person they are sending it.

0 Ratings