Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

contact groups

Go to solution

I'm using the new BT email, and have tried both the full version and the basic version. I already have several contact groups, and have (eventually) managed to edit them. I can't see how to create a new contact group. The Help says "Click on the new group item from the toolbar", and shows a toolbar with a new group option among others. No such toolbar appears on my screen.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: contact groups

Go to solution

Welcome to the forum. When you click the Contacts tab do you not see this?

Capture.JPG

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Are you sure you are using the new BTMail and not the new interface for BTYahoo mail. There is a difference between the two.

If you are not sure use this link to find out.

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Good grief, you're right. So BT has replaced a perfectly good Yahoo system with two new Yahoo systems, both of them worse than the old one. I hope the BT system will be better or at least not worse.

My question now is: how do I set up a new contact group, using the Yahoo system in either the full or the basic version?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Click on your contacts icon (small head). Click on contact you want to add to a group. In the menu at the top of the contacts you will see "assign to lists". Click on it and you will be given an option to add it to a list. Click on "new list" and rename the list you the name you want.  Make sure the box is ticked and click "Done". Now go through your contacts that you want to add to that list and click on the contact > Assign to list > tick the box and click done. Then onto the next etc etc

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Done. Thank you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the help.  Unfortunately I'm on BT Yahoo Mail and don't have access to that toolbar and BT Yahoo Mail doesn't offer me an alternative.  The paradox is that when I open my @btinternet.com mail account in a Windows laptop I get full access to my contacts including group management which is what I'm wanting on Android.  The only e mail provider I have found  who provides that is Zoho so i may have to say farewell to btinternet after over 20 years of use which seems a bit pathetic on BT's part. It isn't as if Android, smartphones and tablets, which is what I am now using, are particularly new.  John.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

I use an Android smart phone and I can access my contacts without a problem and set up groups.

If you use the built in email app on Android it gets populated from your contacts that are on your phone so you need to enter them there.

0 Ratings