cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wirebiz
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

content policy intrusion

How can BT's "content policy" blocking of email sending be switched off?  It is completely inappropriate and unacceptable.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
wirebiz
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: content policy intrusion

This is the notice, which is preventing me from doing business over the internet:

Sorry your email could not be delivered due to content policy reasons. Please check your message content for URLs, content and subject matter that could be construed as Malware, Spam or Phishing before retrying. (6-1-3-1) ID (5ED9AFBE1CEC283D) [Err code: 553]
0 Ratings
wirebiz
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

General impression: the false 553 error message is a response to the use of a VPN. Many people who are NOT spammers or phishers or whatever use VPNs and want to carry o mailing via their BT account. VPNs are part of the scenery, BT. Sort out your software to accept this fact.
stevealker
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Phishing and ERR Code 553 started on my system when I turned on my AVG VPN, even though I was not using their browser to access BT Internet Emails. Turning it off, as advised in a previous post immediately fixed the problem.

Turning it off also revealed something I didn't know. By turning on AVG secure VPN browsing, it is the internet connection itself which is connected to the VPN, so any browser then goes through the VPN. 

I  discovered this because by simply turning off my AVG VPN connection, my BT box disconnected itself from my PC!!!

0 Ratings