cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eclectic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 32

Re: daily password change

As of yesterday, I have been unable to use smart phone or tablet for email. Keep getting the 'wrong password' message.

On a laptop, going via BT.com to log on, I get the 'unusual activity' message.

Resetting the password works on the laptop.

Reset password on phone - same error message, wrong password.

back to laptop, same message, 'wrong password - reset!

logging on via login.yahoo or mail.yahoo works fine every time despite using the password which is rejected via BT.com

This is only for the primary email address. Others are still working OK on any device.

Having rest password 4 times yesterday and twice already today, getting a bit fed up with this!

Any advice or information as to when BT are going to resolve this ongoing password reset problem?

Thanks,

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 32

I am experiencing the same problems - changing my password every week at the moment.  I'm getting so fed up with this I'm considering using another internet provider as BT obviously have issues.  I keep getting messages that there is "unusual activity" which means I have to change both our ipads, both our iphones and two computers.  Why on earth can't BT do something about this.  Very very fed up.

0 Ratings
Eclectic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 32

Still the same problem here.

Cannot log on to mail via BT.com or Outlook. I get the 'unusual activity, change password' message every time.

I now log on via Yahoo.com on the laptop.

I have the Yahoo mail app on tablet and phone, that works fine.

Think we must be 'half migrated' to BTmail Smiley Mad

A workaround I should not have to do.

Peter

0 Ratings
mXb
Contributor
Message 14 of 32

I'm a bit suprised that this login problem hasn't migrated to this forum to stop us "troublemakers" from complaining about this ?

I am afraid it looks like we will have "fix" this problem by ourselves by voting with our feet and moving to another ISP.

Which alternative ISP do you guys suggest ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 32

@mXb wrote:

I'm a bit suprised that this login problem hasn't migrated to this forum to stop us "troublemakers" from complaining about this ?

I am afraid it looks like we will have "fix" this problem by ourselves by voting with our feet and moving to another ISP.

Why do you need to change ISP's to change email provider? I would have thought the sensible option these days is to use an ISP independent email service such as Gmail rather than an ISP's offering.

0 Ratings
Camel123
Beginner
Message 16 of 32

Daily Password Change

David,please will you help me cure this problem once and for all.

I tried to contact you via your E-mail, but I cannot do this.

Please help me as this daily password change is getting me down, and has been going on for some time now.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 32

I am in the same position, every day it's the same. Why doesn't it work? it's an absolute disgrace.

Furious with having to constantly change my password, and sometimes I can't do that because the page for doing it doesn't work.

Is this ever going to end ???????

0 Ratings
mXb
Contributor
Message 18 of 32

@licquorice wrote:

@mXb wrote:

Why do you need to change ISP's to change email provider? I would have thought the sensible option these days is to use an ISP independent email service such as Gmail rather than an ISP's offering.

Yes you can of course do that, but then BT won't deal with the problem they have, they will continue to think everything is rosy in the garden.

However, if people start dumping them for another ISP, just maybe someone in BT will wonder what's going on and         

FIX THE **bleep** PROBLEM !!!

0 Ratings
mXb
Contributor
Message 19 of 32

..... oh and I sent an email to BT support outlining the problem, and I got a generic reply !

That's what BT support thinks of their customers !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mike63uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 32

I have had 8 resets in the lat 3 days, two in the last 5 minutes.

Update 2 minutes later: Make that 10 now as it flagged my account immediately after I changed my password.

0 Ratings