cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

delayed incoming emails

Hi

Since yesterday, there has been delays in emails reaching my 'btinternet.com' inbox.  Yesterday one was delayed by 2 hours and another by 5 hours.  Today, I am still waiting for one sent 2 hours ago. 

I have tried sending myself emails from non-bt email addresses.  One was delayed by 15 minutes.  Some came through immediately.  One has still not arrived after a couple of hours.   The size of the attachment does not seem to be the problem.  When I sent myself  emails from a 'live.com' address the one with a 3mb attachment was delayed by 15 minutes.  The one with no attachment has still not arrived. 

I am using Microsoft 365 Outlook on a PC for my emails, but have also checked with the BT Web-browser and on my iphone.  The missing emails do not show up on either of these.

Is there a problem with the BT email service?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Email delays

Me again with another problem that I hope can be sorted here

My problem is with my btinternet.com email account, some emails are received pretty well instantly, whilst others are taking 4-5 hours to arrive. I have sent emails to myself from an AOL account and sometimes it takes ages, I have changed my email from the AOL account to the BT account on several websites and the confirmation link has not been received, again for hours. There does not seem to be any pattern to it. Some emails are instant some are not, even emails from this forum take a long time to arrive,  though I have seen answers on the forum an hour before. Some of these email confirmation links are time sensitive, so it has made it impossible for me to change to the BT email address on these sites as the adress can't be confirmed. I just dont get it, I have no blocks in place and have even put one of the slow addresses in the safe senders list to no avail. Will probably have to get in touch with Customer service but thought I would try here first. Thanks.

Message 3 of 13

Re: delayed incoming emails

We are both ( husband and self) having the same problems with btinternet.com addresses. Thought it was just me sending from ICloud with attachments to his bt but after testing out via other gmail addresses, we realised we are  both experiencing erratic problems with the bt addresses - long delays or not sending/receiving at all. 

edited to add : this started yesterday late afternoon 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Re: Email delays

An example, I sent a test email at 12:11 and the received time was 14:52
Message 5 of 13

There may be a problem with the email server that you are connected to.

Try turning off your BT hub for about 30 minutes. When you turn it back on it will most likely have been issued with a new IP address and connected to a different BT mail server which may resolve the problem.

Message 6 of 13

Been in touch with customer service via chat and they said have refreshed my email box at their end, all seems to be working for the time being. Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Hi

As I said, I had tried using my phone and mobile data (I switched wifi off on phone) to download my email.

The phone and my PC had different IP addresses.  There was no difference between the contents of my inbox

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

That was the same with me, tried it on mobile internet, no difference, I had to get in touch with customer service via chat, so far so good.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

I have checked the delivery paths and the only obvious difference is after Razorgate and before btinternet.com.

See where I have changed text colour to red

DELAYED MESSAGE  Received-SPF: none (sa-prd-rgin-020.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net: domain
EUR03-DBA-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com does not designate permitted
sender hosts) identity=helo; receiver=sa-prd-rgin-020.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net;
client-ip=40.92.58.80; helo=EUR03-DBA-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com;
Received-SPF: pass (sa-prd-rgin-020.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net: domain live.com
designates 40.92.58.80 as permitted sender) identity=mailfrom;

UNDELAYED MESSAGE  Received-SPF: pass (sa-prd-rgin-008.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net: domain
EUR05-VI1-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com designates 40.92.90.68 as
permitted sender) identity=helo; receiver=sa-prd-rgin-008.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net;
client-ip=40.92.90.68; helo=EUR05-VI1-obe.outbound.protection.outlook.com;
Received-SPF: pass (sa-prd-rgin-008.btmx-prd.synchronoss.net: domain live.com
designates 40.92.90.68 as permitted sender) identity=mailfrom;

Does anyone know the significance of this difference?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Re: delayed incoming emails

This problem has suddenly started for me today. It affects only incoming mail and not every sender. All messages from one sender today delayed by several hours, but test messages from me to myself arrive normally.

0 Ratings