cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

deleting all blocked sender list. Not one at a time.

Hi. 

I hope someone can help. I was not receiving emails from some people. A BT technician looked at my account and found 3000 blocked email addresses on my list. He said some of them could be stopping legitimate emails and I had to delete the whole list. He said you can not just delete the whole list in one go and have to do them one by one. This would take hours and is a nightmare. Any ideas please and BT please change this. Thanks 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: deleting all blocked sender list. Not one at a time.

You can't  select multiple addresses but you can tick the square boxes to the left of the addresses and then click delete to delete all the selected addresses in one go.

You don't 'have to' delete all 3000, just delete the genuine ones you want to receive mail from.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

The CS agent was fobbing you off with incorrect information. The blocked senders list can hold a max of 500 addresses not 3000.

See link and sub link about blocked addresses.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/using-bt-mail-s-anti-spam-features#:~:text=You%20can%20block%20up%20to....

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@gg30340  Its actually 6000 for some bizarre reason. I have no idea why anybody would want to block 6000 addresses though (or 3000 for that matter).

As usual, BT's web pages don't reflect reality. 🙄

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Hi, 

many thanks for your speedy messages. I am a very simple user and am constantly baffled by changes and updates that seem to make things worse and harder for users. I don't think the programmers use the systems or the managers before the 'improvements' are rolled out. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

I have just deleted 100 and the figure seems to be going up, now at 4680 !!! Crazy.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Are you sure it is the blocked senders list entries you are deleting?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

@licquorice wrote:

@gg30340  Its actually 6000 for some bizarre reason. I have no idea why anybody would want to block 6000 addresses though (or 3000 for that matter).

As usual, BT's web pages don't reflect reality. 🙄

At least I have the excuse that I was posting BT's web help page and I am not employed by BT to assist customers with the correct information unlike their staff.

Where is the info about 6000?

Message 9 of 12

I haven't looked for any information, I just experimented and added some blocked senders. After adding each one, a banner popped up with the remaining amount allowed, counting down from 6000

Message 10 of 12

I'll have look at that later.

0 Ratings