Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RevDave
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

deleting mail-forwarding from deleted account

Go to solution

A few months ago I started receiving a lot of spam, some quite offensive, on an email account. I use several accounts so that, in this event, I don't have to update too many websites I visit to change to a new address. 

All of these accounts I mail-forward to my main email account so that I can receive incoming mail in one place, while protecting my main mail address.

I deleted the offending email through my BTID account and waited the 60 days. It finally disappeared but I still get the mail-forwarding from it. Maybe this is controlled by different servers. 

I can no longer log into the account to switch off forwarding, because it appears no longer to exist. How can I cancel the forwarding now? I've tried entering the address into the 'blocked' list on my main account but this, of course, doesn't work because the origin of the email is not from that account, only forwarded by it.

I have seen similar threads on here where a moderator has dealt with this. Is there a moderator out there who can do the 'magic' with this one too?

Thanks, D.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: deleting mail-forwarding from deleted account

Go to solution

I have asked if the mods could help.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@RevDave welcome back to the community, I'm sorry to see the email forwarding has continued after you deleted the email account. We'll be able to help you get that sorted and I've sent you a private message so you can send your details over to the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

RevDave
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Solution successfully actioned in a few days by NeilO, moderator!

My experience with all the community is, if there's a problem, go straight here and get the attention of a moderator. 

I had personal attention by email and phone and the problem went away. So well done NeilO: perfect solution delivered in a timely manner.

NeilO
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@RevDave Many thanks for the kind comments, I was happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings