Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gill68
Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: different email address on outgoing mail to incoming mail

Go to solution

There is no edit button the only thing one can change is the password. When my husband opened his account his email address was openworld but when he sends an email it goes out on btinternet. Avro's computer software does not recognise him as a customer. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

@CJT80 

as we know the btopenworld and btinternet email addresses are one and the same but they are not considered one and the same if you use either address as your login to a website.  then they are individual and you cannot in these circumstances swap one for the other

still don't understand why you can't access the account and change the email login 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

@gill68 wrote:

There is no edit button the only thing one can change is the password. When my husband opened his account his email address was openworld but when he sends an email it goes out on btinternet. Avro's computer software does not recognise him as a customer. 

Can you clarify exactly what the problem is? Is it that Avro will not reply to emails purportedly arriving from the wrong address or is it that you can't log in to the Avro website.  If it is the latter, the email address is simply a username and thus just a text string and can be entered as whichever format is recognised.

0 Ratings
gill68
Contributor
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

OK so no constructive suggestions then. I had hoped there was a setting in BT mail that we could use. I would not have contacted the community for help if I had not done the obvious. The only solution is to wait for the lockdown /pandemic to be over when we can phone them. Don't bother to reply.

0 Ratings
gill68
Contributor
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

Avro will not reply to addresses purporting to come from the wrong address. We can access their website fine

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

There are plenty of constructive suggestions, if there was a setting you could change in BTMail we would have told you.

What you can do is download and install Mozilla Thunderbird mail client and configure the account as Openworld and they will send as Openworld.

CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

@gill68wrote:

Avro will not reply to addresses purporting to come from the wrong address. We can access their website fine

Right thank you, so Avro have the address as @btopenworld and he's e-mailing from @btinternet? 

I suggest you use their Web Chat facility to validate the account a different way with them and ask them to change the e-mail address.

PS:  Unhelpful replies to legitimate questions won't help us help you.

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
gill68
Contributor
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

Sorry everybody - I appreciate you were trying to help but it just made me feel more frustrated

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

Just try the Thunderbird method, you don't have to keep using it afterwards if you don't want to and you can still use BTMail at the same time.

I set up a test account and you can definitely send as Openworld.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

The problem is with your energy company. It is ridiculous that they don't take phone calls even in this pandemic.  Virtually every company that has changed its working practices and have staff working from home still respond to phone calls albeit they may take a bit longer.

There is a phone number if you want to cancel/pay your bill and submit a meter reading. It will probably give you options and in many cases when it does that if you do not select an option it will put you through to a human. The number is 03300582005.

There website has a "Livechat" function. Have you tried that?