Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gill68
Contributor
Message 1 of 25

different email address on outgoing mail to incoming mail

Go to solution

My husband  had btopenworld as his email address however BT have added btinternet recently - probably after changing us from BT yahoo. Our energy company has btopenworld as my husbands email address, We have been trying to contact them however the emails go to them as btinternet and they refuse to deal with him because the incoming email is not the one they have listed. He can still receive emails to btopenworld. I am the account holder

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 25

Re: different email address on outgoing mail to incoming mail

Go to solution

does your energy company not have an app you can use so you can then login with the btopenworld address and password then make the changes

you have a btinternet address for years and is interchangeable with btopenworld in most cases hence why the reply to btinternet arrives in the btopenworld email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gill68
Contributor
Message 3 of 25

Go to solution

No - you can't make any changes. I suppose normally changes would be done by phone which isn't possible now. My husband does not have a smart phone so no apps, he just accesses the Avro website. I have a smart phone but my contact email would be wrong.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 25

Go to solution

if you have a smartphone does the company have an app?  if so can you not access the app and just sign in with your husbands email and password?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gill68
Contributor
Message 5 of 25

Go to solution

Sorry in addition my husband did not have access to btinternet whilst he was with bt yahoo. He was originally with btinternet then he swapped providers. When he moved in with me he was given btopenworld but could not be contacted on his original email address. He will now only use btinternet . I had this problem several years ago and I could  not unsubscibe to anyone and had to contact BT and they resolved the issue.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 25

Go to solution

First of all BTopenworld and BTinternet email addresses are one and the same thing, both will arrive at the same inbox.

I find it difficult to believe that you can't change your contact details with the energy company. You would have to change it if you left BT and no longer had a BTInternet/BTOpenworld email address.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 25

Go to solution

Can you as the account holder he not phone them and explain the problem. You will no doubt need your account number and may have to answer security questions but it should be possible to change an email address and if the company won't do it tell them you want to escalate it to a complaint and if it is not resolved you will be looking for a new supplier.

gill68
Contributor
Message 8 of 25

Go to solution

Avro are not taking phone calls and I had hoped there might be a solution with the BT settings 

0 Ratings
gill68
Contributor
Message 9 of 25

Go to solution

If it wasn't for Covid 19 we would be able to contact Avro. 

0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 25

Go to solution

@gill68 

Good Morning,

Assuming this is Avro Energy, you should be able to go to their website, click Sign In (top left hand side) and sign into the account with whoever's details/email address they have registered.  If you/your husband has forgotten the password you can click "forgot password".

However, are you actually saying emails sent to xyz@btopenworld.com do NOT go to xyz@btinternet.com ? 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings