cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

due to be downgraded message

Today I got a message my bill was ready to read so after looking I logged into the email tab because the server sometimes holds back what it "thinks" is spam so they don't get through to my mozzilla thunderbird program.

Their was a red oblong saying that my email was due to be downgraded , I looked online at a few threads and most of them say this happens if you don't use the email address for 180 days , I use it everyday , another thread said it might be because the email was a @btopenworld.com address and not @internet.com or @btmail.com ????

I am unsure what is going on , am I going to loose my email address.

I phone 0800 800 150 and the person said he had never heard of this and even though I gave him all the relavent details he could not get into my account.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: due to be downgraded messagev

@btopenworld and @btinternet and interchangeable and both work. btmail.com is not a public email

if you use email daily then should be ok.  Are you sure your email address was not being migrated to the new btmail

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: due to be downgraded messagev

At the side their was a button to click keep as favorite

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Re: due to be downgraded message

@mjs-warlordwrote:

Today I got a message my bill was ready to read so after looking I logged into the email tab because the server sometimes holds back what it "thinks" is spam so they don't get through to my mozzilla thunderbird program.

Their was a red oblong saying that my email was due to be downgraded , I looked online at a few threads and most of them say this happens if you don't use the email address for 180 days , I use it everyday , another thread said it might be because the email was a @btopenworld.com address and not @internet.com or @btmail.com ????

I am unsure what is going on , am I going to loose my email address.

I phone 0800 800 150 and the person said he had never heard of this and even though I gave him all the relavent details he could not get into my account.

Emails aren't being "downgraded", the message actually sounds like spam to me. If there were any links in the email, when hovering over them (do not click), did they indicate going to BT pages or something very obscure?

The thing about 180 days isn't to do with being downgraded, it's to do with deletion. You need to check for emails (on each address) at least once every 90 days, or after a further 60 days it can be deleted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Re: due to be downgraded message

Their was no "hand" over the mouse pointer to indicate a hidden link in the  downgrade message and the guy in bt help was unable to log into my account , he tried so many times that I myself was locked out due to his incorrect input.

I guess I will just sit back and wait to see if my email eventually stops , as I said I opened email tab from within my account whilst looking at my bill and before you ask , no I did not click the link in the bill info email as I know that is a thing you should not due.

With regards to your comments about email accounts getting deleted , I got my first pc 17 years ago and got my first virus within 10 minutes because a box came up on screen saying gator.com needs to update your system , I did not know anything was about to go wrong because I had gone on internet for the first time and already seen other pre-installed software getting updated. .B.T.  told me to ditch my new email address and that it would eventually burn itself out through none usage.

0 Ratings