Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
spayceman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

e-mail access just stopped. PW reset doesnt help

Go to solution

Hi, e-mail on my wifes iphone and outlook on PC keeps getting PW error all of a sudden. I have checked server settings and reset herBTID (and e-mail PW) 3 times, as well as waiting an hour after resetting. I can get access to Yahoo e-mail ok on the BT Web site but still get PW error on my other devices. Any ideas pls??

My  e-mail on the same master account is still working fine with same settings.

Bt Chat helpdesk was not any help after nearly 1 hour repeating what I had already done. We spend over £1000 year w BT and have been customer for over 30 years . Maybe its time for a change..

Tks in adavnce for any assistance

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: e-mail access just stopped. PW reset doesnt help

Go to solution

Hi.

The advice is to do nothing, no password changes, no delete/re-add account in apps/clients, nor uninstall/re-install apps.

This issue it almost certainly the most common reported in these forums, and BT Chat and the helpdesk are absolutely useless to speak to - and any advice they give is to be ignored completely.

If you use more than one device, turn them all off from auto-checking for emails. Then check on one device only say every hour or so, but only do one check. When access returns, try each device in turn.

0 Ratings
spayceman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: e-mail access just stopped. PW reset doesnt help

Go to solution

Andy - your a star - this has worked!!!!

Best Rgards

0 Ratings