cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

e-mail unexpected error !

I am encountering a problem where I can receive mail but when I try to reply after a few second of entering text a pop up states unexpected error has occurred,  if I delete this pop up I have found that the draft has not been saved and the pop up shows itself and even if I manage to complete the reply I am unable to send it.

Hopefully someone can help but beware they wrote the book computing for dummies for me.

I have cleared my browser cache and change my Password .

Many thanks in advance. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: e-mail unexpected error !

@tinyrivers918wrote:

I am encountering a problem where I can receive mail but when I try to reply after a few second of entering text a pop up states unexpected error has occurred,  if I delete this pop up I have found that the draft has not been saved and the pop up shows itself and even if I manage to complete the reply I am unable to send it.

Hopefully someone can help but beware they wrote the book computing for dummies for me.

I have cleared my browser cache and change my Password .

Many thanks in advance. 

Hi, welcome to the forums.

What browser are you using, and have you tried a different one to see if the same thing happens?

As a matter of interest, why did you change the password? There was no particular need to do that as you had logged in fine.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi thank you very much for taking the time to answer, Browser I found this Edge 18 https://whatsmybrowser.org/b/EHZM8JW this means absolutely nothing to me. Change of Password ! BT tech did it , or should I say pointed in the direction to do it . Put a temp password and advised me to change to my choice after. Had same Microsoft browser on all my PC laptops as I mentioned I am 71 turn it on it works ! that's me . many thanks for your time.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Hi, I am experiencing the very same symptoms as you wrote. I have 3 times dealt with the help lines and spent a lot of time changing browsers, detailing the fault, and each person comes up with different options . Some of them work temporarily but the same problem comes back.

I can receive, do all the things to start an email , then as it auto saves the message pop up box comes on and the whole screen lightens up. If I click OK, it goes back to normal. Then after a while the box reappears again.

Then if I want to go into DRAFTS and bring the message up to carry on, it has only saved from the inital point and nothing else that I have typed have been added. Also it wont send. This is very frustrating and hindering my work.

I have never encountered any previous problems. Is this a result of the recent upgrade?

Did you manage to solve this? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Bobbyboy1

Please do not post the same question on multiple threads. All it does is cause duplication of effort. If some body can assist they will post on the original thread you posted on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Hi thanks for posting your issue , I have solved it . I deleted all my sent box messages after selecting important messages and putting what in to another file.
Hope this helps, it did for me and I know nothing.
0 Ratings