cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

ebay hacked via IP address and now issue with messages/email

Last week someone listed cars on my ebay account, someone 200 miles away accessed my account, I never click on links and don't have an app-ebay say they accessed via my IP - how could they do that ? Reset hub/pw etc issue still persists unable to receive messages/emails from ebay also they say unable to call on landline as possibly blocked by provider (BT), how so ? Could this be anything at all to do with the email settings and/or could my email be compromised at all ?Any information or help much appreciated. Thankyou 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: ebay hacked via IP address and now issue with messages/email

It's more likely that you have premium rate calls blocked on your landline. You can change this through MyBT.

It's highly unlikely that the two things are related.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi NigelB72, thankyou for taking the trouble to reply, I will have a look at that. Would you know how someone in a different part of the UK 'logged in' when they accessed my ebay and 'tried to manipulate' it (?) and also twice when I have logged in at home I have received one of those emails which says 'someone from Surrey' has logged in- I am in the north of England. (Obviously I am not an IT person)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Sounds like they've figured out your password. Go into your eBay account settings and change your password asap to a stronger one.

0 Ratings