cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
disinterested
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

email AGAIN!^!

told one of my email accounts is about to be deleted - but I can't see it in my list of email accounts - so I can't check and fix it. HELP!!!!!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: email AGAIN!^!

Was the email account set up within your BT Broadband account or was it set up in another BT Broadband account and you have just kept using it.

If that was the case, you would need to attach it to your present BT Broadband account so that a) it will show in your list of email accounts and b) to prevent it from being deleted because as far as BT can see it is presently part of a BT Broadband account that no longer exists.

See link.

Can I move my BT email address to another account? | BT Help

0 Ratings
disinterested
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

This wasn't my main email - it was an extra one that I added for my husband's use - setup in BT.  Looking at the list of email accounts my 5 are all there, but under 'Email addresses you've given to friends and family' it says I have 2 but only lists one

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Is it listed under his BTID?

0 Ratings
disinterested
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

He doesn't have one - I manage our BT account

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

But if you gifted it to him he would need to accept it with his own BTID

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Does he actually use the email account?

If you gifted it to him he should have set up his own BTID/ MyBT then accepted the email account from you. This would allow him to manage the email account via his own MyBT. This must be done within 30 days of gifting the email account.

If he did not do that the email account process for gifting an email account would not have been completed.

See link and the sub link about "gifting" an email account.

How do I create and activate a new BT Email address? | BT Help

0 Ratings
disinterested
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

He uses both email accounts.  they were set up many years ago but no way do I remember pfaffing about 'gifting' anything

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

It is not "pfaffing about" it is a process that takes a few minutes and while there is no requirement to gift the email account it allows the person to manage their own email account and set their own password and thus making the email account private. If you did gift the email account the process would have needed to have been completed.

It might be best for a moderator to have a look at your email accounts to see what has/is happening with them so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 10 of 10

Hi @disinterested welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you've been advised the email is due to be deleted. It sounds like the emails may not be associated with your BT account but don't worry, I'm sure we'll be able to help you get this sorted.

I'll send you a private message so you can send us over your BT account details and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings