cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

email account hacked

My email was hacked so followed bt instructions re doing virus scan and changing passwords and deleted an auto forward email address that the scammer had inserted.  3 hours later the forwarding email address has returned?  Don't understand how the scammer has been able to reinsert the forwarding email address again. Can you help please?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: email account hacked

Did you change your password before deleting the forwarding address. You must delete the forwarding first.

Did you check to see if there were any rules set up?

Do you have two factor authentication set up which will alert you to anybody trying to log onto your account.

Have you checked your computer for any key logging software. Download and run Malwarebytes free version and also ADWcleaner to check for malicious software.

Do these scans before changing your password again.

Message 3 of 8

Many thanks will try that.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Just out of curiosity, I manage 4 family email addresses on my account, do you know if you can set up the 2 factor authentication for each individual email address?  I did try to set this up earlier but found it seemed to apply the same authentication to each separate email.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

You can, but you will need to 'gift' the addresses and the recipient will need to create their own BTID to receive them and set up their own 2fa

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Brilliant!  How do I do that please?!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to your MyBT > Your Products > Email > Manage then click on 'See Options' and select 'Give this email address'.

The recipient(s) will need to create their own BTID to accept the address.

https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/what-is-a-bt-id-and-how-can-i-get-one-

Message 8 of 8

Many thanks!
0 Ratings