cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jackobyte
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

email address rejected

Can anyone help? On my iPad when sending mail I get a prompt to say the mail could not be sent and its in my outbox, when I click on the mail I get a message saying " myself@btinternet.com was rejected because it does not allow relaying" I'm pulling my hair out and bt say they can't help coz its mail on apple mac. Are bt not the server of my emails???
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: email address rejected

have you checked your settings as I can send and receive email from my btinternet.com email address using my ipad

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jackobyte
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Checked and checked and rechecked, its worked fine for months, also now its saying username or password is incorrect, yet it was working at 09:07 this morning

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

this is a email problem with yahoo and there are many post on the subject - you need to wait a day or so and it will work ok again.  before you ask about fixing BT are moving from yahoo to BT email so nobody is going to fix it as it has been going on for years

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jackobyte
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

Why will bt not help, after all they are my server are they not?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

as I said it is a yahoo problem and been like this for ages.  as moving there is even less incentive to try and fix.  it will sort itself out later today or tomorrow.  you can always access on btyahoo homepage

0 Ratings
Jackobyte
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

I don't have a couple of days, I even replaced the hub to the latest to see if it was that!
0 Ratings
Jackobyte
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

On the incoming settings the "s/mime" is off, does that make a difference?
0 Ratings
loro49
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

i’m also having problems sending with 4 of my btinternet email addresses other 3 are ok
0 Ratings
Jackobyte
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Is there any bt guru's that can help?
0 Ratings