cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

email address

Go to solution

I have recieved an email from BT asking if i want to retain my email address as follows:- Still use your email addresses?
Let us know so we don't
deactivate your email addresses

there is an attachment and i don't want to open it in case it's a scam so anyone else recieved email like this one

Thanks

Dave

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: email address

Go to solution

If you are leaving BT it could be about what will happen when you leave but it is more likely a scam trying to get access to your email account.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

not leaving BT and email address it came from is btcomms@info.bt.com <ubacspayments8@btconnect.com>

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Are you a BT Business user. If so you should post on the Business Forum who may be able to help.

https://business.forums.bt.com

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Not a business email, i have had it since i started with BT over 20 years ago when i did have a business but wanted to keep the email address and BT said it weasn't a problem so continued to use it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

I am not sure if that is a genuine BT email address as it comes from btconnect which is possibly a BTBusiness email address and not a genuine address that the company BT Buisness would use to contact customers.

It may be best to check on the business forum.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@maxspadge  BT do close addresses if unused for a certain time, and I know from personal experience that shortly before closure they send a warning as you describe. But I don't recall any attachment or see any need for one so you're right to be suspicious.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Use it everyday so not sure why i got email, will give them a ring when i get chance, but thanks for the advice

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

BT confirmed in telephone call that the email is not from them so be careful if you get one and don't open the attachment.

Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
0 Ratings