cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Murray4
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

email address

An email address that we have been using for many years and our friend uses it for his business is suddenly not acceptable. What now?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
JohnC2
Message 2 of 6

Re: email address

Hi @Murray4 sorry that you cannot access your email account. Are you a BT residential Broadband customer or do you have a Premium Mail account?  

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Murray4
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I have no problem accessing my email account. What I said was that I could not send an email to a friend, when I was told that email address was wrong. That friend's email address I had been using for years. So how can it suddenly be wrong? 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@Murray4 wrote:

What I said was that I could not send an email to a friend, when I was told that email address was wrong.

That is not what you said, however, how are you sending an email to that address, are you entering the email address manually into a newly composed email or are you using the "Reply To" function in a received email from your friend?

Have you checked with your friend to see if others are having a problem sending to his email address.

Have you checked with your friend that the email address is the correct email address per chance he has changed it?

0 Ratings
Murray4
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I was replying to an email from my friend. As I always do this by starting with a new email. I put in his name and no email address came up. I then copied his email address from his email to me, and that is when I was told that the email address was wrong.

Me friend has not had any other problems and he has not changed his email address.

0 Ratings
Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

What @gg30340 asked was whether you have your friend's email on view and you select reply. That's not the same as what you have said, "I was replying to an email from my friend. As I always do this by starting with a new email. I put in his name and no email address came up. I then copied his email address from his email to me, and that is when I was told that the email address was wrong."

By carrying out this check, we can progress to other possible causes.

Try it and type something like "Test" so that your friend, if he does receive this reply, is not confused.

0 Ratings