cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

email addresses disappeared

Since BT have done this random email update, all my email addresses have disappeared. I go into contacts and all that is there are the names and phone numbers that I have stored on my phone, no actual email addresses. Pretty pants since I'm meant to be working from home. It may well be user error, but has anyone any ideas please?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: email addresses disappeared

Were your contacts stored on the BT servers. ie when you log onto your email account via a web browser and click on the Contacts button were the emails stored there or were they stored on your phone's email app and if so which app.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Hi, they were just stored with the BT server. I only really use email on my desktop, only really check them on my phone, so no app. I'm a pretty basic user!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Have you checked to see if they are still there when you log onto your email account via a web browser on your desktop computer?

How do you check for email on your phone. Is it with a web browser?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

I just go onto BT Mail, log in using email address etc and the emails are all there. Just when I went to compose an email and add a contact all I had was my 'phone book' from my phone,so numbers but no email addresses. Phone is synched and I'm guessing it's just the default programme on my phone? Sorry, I'm not very techie!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

On your desktop computer, you need to log onto your email account using a web browser then click on the "Contacts" button in the menu bar to see if all your contacts are there.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

So I'm using Firefox and I've logged into email in the usual way, clicked contacts and there's just my phone numbers....
I do appreciate you taking your time to try and help me 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Can you try using a different browser to rule out it being a browser problem to see if your contacts are there.

If the contacts are still not showing when you click on the "Contacts" button it means that they are not on the BT servers.

Have you checked to see if they are still stored in your "contacts" on your phone?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Just tried Chrome and it's the same. 😞
And no nothing on my phone, but I didn't have my email addresses synched to my phone. I'm a bit, my phone is my phone, and my desktop is for work. Just frustrating when until the update they did everything was fine....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

I suspect that your email addresses will be lost. If you still have all your emails I would go through them and add the senders that you want to keep to your contacts list. Once you have done that you should do a backup of them by exporting them and saving them to a folder on your PC.

I will notify the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can some time for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings