Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

email addresses

Have problems with email addresses

Use three different email addresses

1) the email addresses it says are mine I do not use anymore

2) Given to friends and family only shows one instead of the three it says exist

3) The one  that does show as given to friends and family is actually my primary email address

Since BT wanted some sort of verification regarding my primary email address the other two stopped working

Managed to get mine working but not the other two as cannot access

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: email addresses

What verification did BT want?

BT will never send you an email or text asking you to log onto your email account via a supplied link in order to verify it. If this is what you have done you have been scammed and you will have handed over your passwords to the scammers.

Can you explain fully what and how BT asked you to verify your account.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

They wanted me to enter a five digit code

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

How did this come about? Were you contacted by BT out of the blue or did you have a problem and contact BT?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

The big prolem I have is that I cannot reet the passwords on two of the email addresses I use

**Edited**

As they, together with my main one show as given to friends but will not show them when I look at given to friends

Says three, including my main one but the two above do not show, only mine

The two it shows as being mine are two I do not use any longer

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

@normanhustwitt 

Please edit out your email addresses, as this is a public forum.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

I know what your present problem is.

Please re-read the messages I posted. I was trying to establish why and how you came to be contacted about verifying your email address because it may well be that you have been subjected to a scam!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

What happened first was that all three of the email addresses I use all came up with need to enter password (firefox)

I went to MYBT and was asked to verify my account once I had done that it was possible to change the password on my main one and get it working but I cannot do it for the other two

This is what happened according to my memory, think if it was a scam it was to do with the internet having a false mybt

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Now that you have explained what happened it does not appear that you have been scammed.

When you try to log on to your two other email accounts what happens when  you use the "forgotten your login details"  on the following BTMail web page

BTMail 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

On the BT mail web page cannit access the other two email addresses to change the password

Maybe they also need some sort of verification

Have done my main one but will not show the other two to take any action

All three under given to friends says 3 but will not display other than my main one

0 Ratings