cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
writer14
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

email archives?

A few months ago, my BT email inbox suddenly emptied.  It is now back up to about 500 emails, and I am almost over losign the thousands of old emails - but today when i held the cursor over the inbox icon, this message popped up:   8,826 emails.  Does this mean my old emails have not vanished, but are now archived somewhere? If so, how do I access them?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: email archives?

To get assistance on this can you please give us some extra information please.

1. Are you using BT Mail or BT Yahoo Mail ?

2. Do you access your Email using webmail with a browser  and if so what browser ?

3. Are you accessing your email with an Email Client and if so what email client ?

4. Is there anything else you can tell us ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

I think there will be nothing forum members will be able to do to help you with this so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. 

Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
writer14
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Thanks - i assumed all BT email was now BT Yahoo - no?  My email address is just btinternet.com   I access by emails via web mail, using google.  No email client. 

It would be so wonderful to retrieve all those historic emails.

0 Ratings
writer14
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Thank you VERY MUCH.  i have tried phoning and emailing BT, to no avail.  Just receiving automatic help replies that are irrelevent to my question.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi writer14,

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under to send in your details and we'll get this looked into. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Please include the following info when sending us your details along with any other relevant details.

1. Do you access your Email using webmail with a browser, and if so what browser and OS?
  2. Are you accessing your email with an email client and if so what email client, and is this set up with POP or IMAP settings?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
writer14
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Thanks - they rang me three times, and finally got through to help me with the missing emails.  But sadly, I was told it would cost me to get help resolving this, as I am no longer using BT for my landline.  I was not aware email accounts were linked to land line providers, since the email service is funded by all the advertisements....

I guess the irony is that it was impossible to reach a human being at BT when i was trying to ask questions, but BT kept phoning me when it was possible i might give them money.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

You need to be a BT broadband customer, which in turn needs a BT landline, to get BT email. If you were previously a BT customer and wanted to retain your email address you would need to pay for it.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13140/~/what-happens-to-my-bt-internet-email-account-...

0 Ratings