Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wabews
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

email favourite

Go to solution

I have 3 email addresses one of which I have newly created, but on looking at all my email addresses I noticed that the new address had a favourite link next to it which I stupidly clicked,this now means that this email address has become the primary email.I have tried searches etc to see if I could remove the favourite from the new email address and revert back to my old primary address to no avail.Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: email favourite

Go to solution

Log onto your MyBT the go to manage extras and scroll down to email and click on manage BT email. This will show your email addresses. You can then select the email address you want to be your favourite.

0 Ratings
wabews
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for your help,but the problem is my primary email address cannot be set as favourite as there is no favourite link available.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I presume that the email accounts that you have are all in your MyBT and have not been "gifted" to another BTID.

It is a while since I logged into my email via MyBT but I have just done that. I see that BT have changed the way and what can be managed. It was previously the case that the email accounts could be managed from there, see link

Manage BTMail

but it would appear that there is now no way to manage your email account or to change which is the favourite or if there is I have not been able to find it.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
wabews
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

That is exactly my problem and I have spent ages trying to find a solution but hace given up ,thanks for that as you have helped me know that it was just not me. I may try a BT chat tomorrow which should be fun

Thanks

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@wabews can you send us your account details and the email addresses in question via our webform?

You'll find it by clicking on my username and going to "Click here to contact the mods". Once we have picked up your details, we'll see if this is something we can get sorted for you. 

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
spyates
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

you'll be hearing from me too as I have the same problem and it is driving me mad. I need access to my email for updates on elderly parent's conditions on a daily basis. My primary email is not on the list and all I keep doing is changing passwords.

0 Ratings
wabews
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply Stephanie and I do not wish to appear a complete idiot but I have tried to follow your instructions re My Username and contact via the webform but I will admit I still have not found the Webform, can you give me an idiots guide to help out.

Apologies to you for this

wabews

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @wabews

Thanks for posting back and apologies for the confusion.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @wabews

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me today.

I'm pleased to have been able to help you sort this out.  For future reference, when you are logged into your BTID you can go to manage extras and manage mail (or www.bt.com/btmail/emailmanagement)  and click on "Add to BTID" beside the mailbox you want to make favourite (You'll have the option once you add it to your BTID).

I have sent you a private message as agreed also Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”