cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

email hack

Hi I suspect my email account was compromised today. My details for two factor authentication were changed. I changed my password to a very strong one and reset my details but recently I've had another email saying two factor authentication has been turned off for my account. I've run scans on laptop with McAfee and Malwarebytes and both come up clean.  I've also logged back into my account and changed the password again. Two factor authentication appears to be on and the details are correct.

I've just received another email with a passcode on it but this should only have been sent to my backup form of communication.

Is there anything you can do to help me secure my account?

kind regards

Mark

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: email hack

How do you know your account was compromised?

Did the email that you were sent have any links in it that you clicked and entered your details into?

Run the scans when your computer is in safe mode.

See link for other things to check.

How can I tell if my email account is no longer secure? | BT Help

If you use the same password for other accounts you have to change them.

Notify your bank etc that your email account was hacked and to notify you of any strange activity.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: email hack

The reason I think my account was compromised is that my details for two factor authentication were not right.  There was an extra letter in my email and my telephone number was off by 1. I've changed my password several times now. I'm currently unable to access my profile and on many of the options I get "access denied" is this a safety feature or something else?

0 Ratings