Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 21 of 28

Re: email log in

@Andy_N wrote:

@licquoricewrote:

I suspect it probably happened with either a Firefox upgrade or BT website upgrade.

You would think so, but as I mentioned, it doesn't affect it in Private Window mode.

I wonder if it is asociated with screen size, are you all using laptops or desktop machines with a large screen?

My laptop is FHD (1920 x 1080), but set to use 125% text size. Even set to 100%, the issue is still there. At full screen in FF (using F11 for example), the screen still needs scolling in order to see the login field for email after pressing the Email item.

Sorry our posts crossed. Just trying to help.

It’s better that one poster controls. It does look like an accessibility issue, but something has been changed by an update.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 28

@polish wrote:

Sorry not brilliant at this sort of thing.    You say you can search for bt.com and see what's there.   How would I do this please?easily explained if possible ...

I'm not convinced its a cookie problem but to clear the cookies click on the 3 parallel lines in the top right corner of Firefox (hamburger in Andy's parlance) then click on Options, then Privacy and Security, scroll down to Cookies and Site Data and click on Manage Data.

In the list highlight any that contain BT.Com (you can select multiple individual lines by using the Ctrl key) and then click on Remove Selected followed by Save Changes.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 28

Lots of replies whilst I was typing.

Just tried my wifes laptop and tried various zoom levels on my desktop, all working fine. Very strange!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 28

@licquoricewrote:

Lots of replies whilst I was typing.

Just tried my wifes laptop and tried various zoom levels on my desktop, all working fine. Very strange!

I'm with you about it being strange, did some cookie clean up and it's the same. Just tried it on my desktop (same windows, same FF 66.0.2) and it's ok - though that does have a FHD screen too using it as 100% text.

I suppose it could be all sorts of interference, like add block plus, Kaspersky free and any number of things ...

0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 28

Thank you everyone, have refreshed firefox, cleared cookies and fingers crossed at the moment it is working okay.

I too use the adblock plus so maybe it is due to an update somehow, will keep you updated but up to press all okay.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 28

Just to say I use a desktop computer.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 27 of 28

@polishwrote:

Thank you everyone, have refreshed firefox, cleared cookies and fingers crossed at the moment it is working okay.

I too use the adblock plus so maybe it is due to an update somehow, will keep you updated but up to press all okay.

I've done a bit of code digging, since FF has a good Inspector sort of feature. There is a small section that appears on the failure display that appears to be a javascript fetch of an advert, but can't cope with it returning maybe a blank or faulty advert - and simply displays a blank 1024x768 pixel frame.

0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 28

Hi Andy_N thankyou, is there anything to do or can be done about that?

I have found if I disable the adblock plus on the Bt home page the email log in stays where it should be.

0 Ratings