Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

email login failure

Go to solution

I am having a nightmare trying to login to my email account . Every time I get the following message -

This site can’t be reached

samlfed.bt.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

This only started happening about 3 weeks ago but it is driving me nuts!  What can I do?
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: email login failure

Go to solution

@Chichick9wrote:

I am having a nightmare trying to login to my email account . Every time I get the following message -

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

This only started happening about 3 weeks ago but it is driving me nuts!  What can I do?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

There have been similar recent reports. The SAML is all about authentication, and should be transparent to the user.

Have you tried a different browser? What security package are you using?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Hi, I use Chrome and Eset. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution
mcdvoice

@Chichick9wrote:

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Try these fixes:

1. Change your IPv4 DNS address
  2. Update your network adapter driver
  3. Restart the DNS Client service
  4. Reset TCP/IP
  5. Reset your Chrome settings
  6. Reinstall Chrome
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution
I just want to be able to open my email. I'm not an IT expert. I'm not sure what half of those suggestions mean. Also I can see my email with mobile data but not using my bt hub
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Do you go to the bt.com page and click email to login or go to yahoo.co.uk and then click mail to login? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

I've tried both bt.com and Yahoo.co.uk neither will open.  I get the same samlfed message. I can access every other web page I try including Gmail. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

@Chichick9wrote:

I've tried both bt.com and Yahoo.co.uk neither will open.  I get the same samlfed message. I can access every other web page I try including Gmail. 

What happens when you try the direct link :-

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

or

https://www.bt.com/mail

(They are effectively both the same).

If you've only tried Chrome, then another browser is worth trying. Also can you temporarily disable ESET and see what happens then.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

I have tried Bing and have also disabled ESET but no luck. I have cleared my browsing history and cache, reset my password and run Windows troubleshooter nothing has made any differance. I will try to speak to someone at Bt to see if they can help as I don't think I am going to be able to do it myself.  Thanks for everyones suggestions.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

@Chichick9wrote:

I have tried Bing and have also disabled ESET but no luck. I have cleared my browsing history and cache, reset my password and run Windows troubleshooter nothing has made any differance. I will try to speak to someone at Bt to see if they can help as I don't think I am going to be able to do it myself.  Thanks for everyones suggestions.

Hi again

You mentioned you have a mobile device checking emails, is this always on? Can you stop it from checking emails, wait 10 minutes and retry your Chrome access (by one of the links I gave).

0 Ratings