Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: email login failure

Go to solution

No my phone is not always connected. I don't normally use it for emails, only doing so as it is the only way I can see them. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Finally got to speak to someone at BT who knows what's going on. Thre is an error with the BT connection to the browser.  They are aware of it and working to fix it. His advice was to view emails on my phone using Mobile Data as I will not be able to use WiFi until BT have fixed the problem. So thank you for all your advice but I'm afraid it was all a waste of time as the BT adviser said that there is nothing I can do to fix the problem, it is at their end.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

@Joseph84wrote:
mcdvoice

@Chichick9wrote:

I am having a nightmare trying to login to my email account . Every time I get the following message -

This site can’t be reached

samlfed.bt.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

This only started happening about 3 weeks ago but it is driving me nuts!  What can I do?

Try these fixes:

1. Change your IPv4 DNS address
  2. Update your network adapter driver
  3. Restart the DNS Client service
  4. Reset TCP/IP
  5. Reset your Chrome settings
  6. Reinstall Chrome

Sometimes It happens to me. I simply clear all cookies and cache of my browser and most of the time problem solved. Or you can also switch to Mozilla. It's also a good option.

Highlighted
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

@josh92wrote:

@Joseph84wrote:
tellculvers

@Chichick9wrote:

I am having a nightmare trying to login to my email account . Every time I get the following message -

This site can’t be reached

samlfed.bt.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

This only started happening about 3 weeks ago but it is driving me nuts!  What can I do?

Try these fixes:

1. Change your IPv4 DNS address
  2. Update your network adapter driver
  3. Restart the DNS Client service
  4. Reset TCP/IP
  5. Reset your Chrome settings
  6. Reinstall Chrome

Sometimes It happens to me. I simply clear all cookies and cache of my browser and most of the time problem solved. Or you can also switch to Mozilla. It's also a good option.

I agree that Mozilla is a good alternative but in my case, after clearing the cache when I tried to clear the cookies via CMD it says that access denied (I don't have permission to access the folder in windows). Why is that?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

I've also had exactly the same problem. These people are meant to be good at communication technology and yet they don't test the endless changes they make to software nor do they warn people there is a problem: i.e not great at technology and not great at communication.

Like you, I don't expect to have to start making technical changes to my settings etc. I just want email that works. I wonder how long it will take to put it right - as if BT could care one way or the other.

By the way, that log in page that someone suggested  did work for me just now

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

0 Ratings