Go to solution

Cannot login to .btopenworld.com e-mail using Outlook 2007

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
RFMCS
Message 2 of 4

bt yahoo e-mail using outlook 2007

Go to solution

I am unable to connect to my .btopenworld.com e-mail inbox using outlook 2007.  All other .btinternet.com inboxes are accessible.  Does anyone know why I am told:- "Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)."?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Re: bt yahoo e-mail using outlook 2007

Go to solution

@RFMCSwrote:

I am unable to connect to my .btopenworld.com e-mail inbox using outlook 2007.  All other .btinternet.com inboxes are accessible.  Does anyone know why I am told:- "Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)."?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Can you login to webmail ok :-

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

Can you say if this has just happened and was OK until recently? If so, this is typically a temporary issue that can last a few hours to a few days. The advice is to do nothing, no settings changes, no password change etc. If you use other devices, turn them off from auto-checking and see if that helps. The thing to do is try access every hour or so.

0 Ratings
RFMCS
Message 4 of 4

Re: bt yahoo e-mail using outlook 2007

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. It looks as though it was only a temporary glitch today.  I was able to access all my @btinternet.com sub accounts from Outlook and login to Yahoo mail from firefox for my main account.  It was only Outlook that was not accessing my e-mail account.  As of just gone 16:30 today, all is working properly (without any changes by me).

0 Ratings