Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

email name change

Go to solution

Hello,

The spelling of my name is wrong as it appears to recipients and I want to change it.

I went to the settings on my email and changed/saved the correct spelling but it still sends out as incorrect.

Is there a time period for this to actually activate or should it be immediate.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: email name change

Go to solution

Where is it wrong, is it within the email address or what is viewed when the recipient receives the email.

You can not change it within the email address. 

You can change what the recipients see by logging onto your email account and going into the Settings found by clicking on your username at the right hand side. Once there go to "Profile" and change the details as required. Click "Save" .

The change should be instant and show the next time you use your email account. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Not the email address. The actual name so when I send an email it is spelt correctly.  Probably not being very clear but when you send a message the person receiving sees your name and that’s the bit that is incorrect 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

You can change it as per the above message. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you but unfortunately even though I have changed and saved it, it refuses to actually send with the correct spelling. I wondered if it took time. Looks like another phone call. Thank you anyway 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

After you have changed it, log out and log back in again. It does seem to be a bit flaky.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you I will give it a go.
0 Ratings