Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 33

email not being received by recipient.

Go to solution

Over the last month or so any emails sent from my bt account to my mother in laws bt account  is not being received by them. It shows as being sent in my sent folder, I am concerned now that this could be happening with other people/companies.

Any advice appreciated.

0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 33

Re: email not being received by recipient.

Go to solution

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but would appreciate some assistance please?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 33

Go to solution

Hi @polish and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry you're having problems with your emails. Have you reported this to Postmaster? If not then take a look at Postmaster for help on how to report it. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 33

Go to solution

@DavidMwrote:

Hi @polish and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry you're having problems with your emails. Have you reported this to Postmaster? If not then take a look at Postmaster for help on how to report it. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

Why is this a postmaster issue? It's a recent problem that has been reported in this forum. It is clearly of mail server configuration issue that is dropping many emails apparently. Why doesn't the "mail expert" respond in these forums any more?

To the OP, ditch your BTinternet account (and your contacts including friends and relatives) and get Gmail instead.

BT will not fix their mail system as they deny anything is wrong.

0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 33

Go to solution

Hi David

The person concerned is mymother in law and having sent her some emails she told me she had not received them so going to postmaster is no use.

I am on BTYahoo mail still and so is my mother in law

As the other person has said it clearly is a problem with BT so something should be done about this as I understand threre are other posts on this forum

0 Ratings
Highlighted
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 33

Go to solution

Hello David M

Would appreciate some help with this.  Your message to contact postmaster is not relevant as the emails are not arriving in my mother in laws in box or spam folder, not arriving at all, but she is able to send them to me.

Is there anything MIL could have done on her account that has prevented my emails getting through?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 33

Go to solution

Hi @polish  thanks for getting back to us. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team so we can investigate this further for you.
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
JohnC2

0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 33

Go to solution
Hi John Still not heard anything back, what is happening the last message I received was on the 17th April saying robbie mac was dealing with it, and he would get back to me, nothing yet. thanks jules
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 33

Go to solution

Hi @polish  sorry you have not had an update on this yet. I'll drop @RobbieMac  an email to chase him as I know he was getting help for the email team with this. 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 33

Go to solution

Thank you.

0 Ratings