cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 21 of 33

Re: email not being received by recipient.

Go to solution

Hi @polish 

It was me that was speaking with your mother in law this afternoon.

I'm very sorry for your loss, I can certainly leave this until the middle of June as I'm sure this is a very busy time for you and your family. 

I was in contact with your mother in law as she asked if we'd speak to you about her email issues (which is, of course, completely understandable), however I do need to add you as a contact on the account before I can do that. As a result of GDPR, in order to do that there are certain security steps we need to follow. Having spoken with her, she said someone would be at the house to help her go through the steps with me if I called after 10am tomorrow.

All that being said, if she has a My BT account online, you can be added as an account manager there directly. Info on how to do that is available on this article about account managers.

As I said, I can leave this case until the middle of June and we can take it from there; I completely understand you're going through a difficult time.

I will in the meantime go back to the email team to see if they can get this investigated offline. They probably will however need to speak to you directly (as they called your mother in law earlier today about her email issues), so if that's the case I will let them know to not contact anyone until we can you added as a contact on her account in due course.

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 33

Go to solution

Hello Stephanie

What you have said is not correct.  I was the one who made the complaint about my emails not being received by Mrs Haddrick.   

I have since sent an email to my MIL and it arrived in her spam folder and not her in box.   This is causing a lot of unncessary hassle and as I could not see a reason why my emails initially had stopped arriving in her in box I contacted the on line community.

Someone has previously contacted Mrs Haddrick to go through security answers and were satisfied with the answers.

All I am asking as long time customer of BT is that my emails from *****@btinternet.com arrive in Mrs Haddrick's inbox and not in her spam, her email address is *****@btinternet.com.

Thank you Julie

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 23 of 33

Go to solution

@polishwrote:

All I am asking as long time customer of BT is that my emails from *****@btinternet.com arrive in Mrs Haddrick's inbox and not in her spam, her email address is *****@btinternet.com.

This has been an issue for others too unfortunately, and BT can't explain why this happens - and won't properly investigate.

Of course due to your recent sad circumstances, it might not really be a good time to perhaps try to use a different email address - for either yourself or hers. For example you could set yourself up with a Gmail account and try to send to her using that. Naturally it would be best to say that you are doing this before hand.

In the short term it might get over the initial problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 33

Go to solution

As the emails are now being received and placed into the spam folder, as a work around you could try setting up a rule/filter so that any emails received with the relevant email address are moved to the Inbox. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 33

Go to solution

Thank you, could you explain how to do this please? many thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 33

Go to solution

The rule is set up on the recipients email account.

I am not on the BTYahoo email system so I can not give exact directions but the following are for a Yahoo email account so it may be very similar albeit with some differences.

Log onto the email account that the emails are being received into the spam folder.

Make sure that the account is using the "new" view and not the "classic view". 

Click on the settings cog and scroll to "more settings".

On the left hand side scroll down to and select "filters".

Click on "add new filter"

Insert a filter name. It can be anything you want.

In the "From" drop down select "contains" and insert the email address that is being sent to the spam folder.

Move down to the "choose a folder to move to" and select "Inbox". 

Click "save".

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 33

Go to solution

Confirm it is the same on BTYahoo.

polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 33

Go to solution

HOw do I do this?

0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 33

Go to solution

Thank you but as Licorice says how can I check it is the same for BT Yahoo? many thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 33

Go to solution

Sorry, my brief message meant that I can confirm the steps are the same on BTYahoo

0 Ratings