cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

email not renewing and throwing error messages up

hi

Recently the email system was updated and its driving me insane. it doesnt just download new messages to teh inbox and show them on screen like the old Yahoo system did (or Gmail or any other email system ive used) i have to physically click on the little 'refresh' icon on the top of the inbox to get them to show up. anyone found a way around this?

also, more importantly, i keep getting Error messages. it can be when i delete messages, refresh then try to delete more as the little 'tick' doesnt erase itself at the top of the email inbox screen, sometimes i try to delete an email and it will say im trying to delete it on another device (im clearly not!) etc.

anyone know of a fix for this, or if theres a fix in the works for it? its driving me insane and if i didnt have so many places id need to change my email address on, id have binned BT mail by now as its the most awful system ive used for emails!

any help is much appreciated. thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: email not renewing and throwing error messages up

Why don't you just use a 3rd party email client like thunderbird or outlook and pick up you bt mail that way. Makes life far easier and I find no problems picking up my many email accounts including 3 btinternet accounts

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: email not renewing and throwing error messages up

purely because i prefer to receive my emails directly. i have always done it that way. it also saves me trying to work out which messages are from which email account (i have multiple) when they come through.

0 Ratings