cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 111 of 326

Re: email password rejection

...and it's even worse, because logging into Webmail and then out again then trying to dowload to Outlook Express no longer helps

0 Ratings
Message 112 of 326

... and please don't any guru tell me with bad spelling and spacing and grammar and syntax that "this is a peer-to-peer forum". The mods are empowered to forward reports on this thread and any others on this topic on the forum to the appropriate department in BT.

I can only take so much from BT. One of the things that kept me with them was the bother of changing my primary email address, but if spam increases then I might well be off.

0 Ratings
richard2010
Contributor
Message 113 of 326

The POP service is quite appalling today. What will be BT's latest pronouncement on this?

Pick one of the following:

"Yahoo claims the problem is fixed but we are too spineless to take action on behalf of our paying customers"

"Send a PM to the moderators who will then send you a standard useless response and take no further action"

"Change your password, login to webmail generally waste your time until the problem comes back next week"

"Don't use your phone/iPad/email client, we don't really believe that this makes any difference but it will delay us having to do any real work"

0 Ratings
Message 114 of 326

If the landline, mobile or postal service carried on like this issue has, there would be ructions, probably questions in Parliament.

Surely, its time for BT to bin Yahoo and give customers a service that does what it says on the tin.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Candyjet
Aspiring Contributor
Message 115 of 326

It is a baffler.

My account has the fault. 

The missus' account, from the same household, does not.

Anyone tried and succeeded to get compensation from BT? Talk Talk are always giving away money for duff service, so maybe we should try that.

0 Ratings
2jay
Contributor
Message 116 of 326

Password rejection starting up again, after months of "good behaviour". I believe part of the cure was setting up a sub account email address for every device used to check any address on the account, so separate ID for laptop, iphones etc.

Just had to change PCs and this problem kicked off again, & cannot reliably access email from within Windows 7 / Live Mail. This suggests it's some sort of security feature, in which case I'd rather have more throrough setting up of the POP side of things in the first place i.e., to verify I am the owner of the email account the new device is suddenly wanting to deal with.

As before, log in/out of the webmail on the affected account usually sorts it for a while. But what a pain - especially as since my last fix we've so many sub accounts now!

Anyone got any suggestions? - I know how to log in to webmail, change my passwords etc.

Many thanks!

0 Ratings
Message 117 of 326

Very bad today

0 Ratings
richard2010
Contributor
Message 118 of 326

If any of the deluded "experts" and twelve year olds in tech support still think that this is not a server issue -

"Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] internal server error (#OCF013)' "

I have been getting this all day on all accounts.

Has anyone suddenly been prompted to accept the T&Cs when using webmail today? I am struck by a certain clause in the ATOS -

"BTYahoo Users:If you are accessing the Services logged in via a BTYahoo! ID, then the terms of this ATOS apply to you with respect to the Services but BT Plc remains responsible for providing all services within the BTYahoo! Service and handling your personal data. Click here for more information. "

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 119 of 326

Fixed now.

Richard

0 Ratings
Highlighted
johnson65
Aspiring Contributor
Message 120 of 326

Test e-mails from another account NOT getting through. Tested OK to a gmail a/c I own so not my end.Smiley Mad

0 Ratings