cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richard2010
Contributor
Message 1 of 326

email password rejection

With extraordinary arrogance BT have closed a thread again before a problem has been solved. A considerable number of customers have been suffering for some years with perfectly valid passwords being rejected by BT Yahoo email servers. Some of us have been fobbed off with fatuous replies from all levels of support along the lines of -  it is your fault, your email client is at fault, you are accessing your mail through multiple devices and so on.

The following thread (started July 2011)  has been closed by a "Moderator" and I quote from his post

"Since this migration work was done we have completed extensive testing and no further issues with POP or IMAP have been found."

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/E-mail-password-rejection/m-p/234061/highlight/true#M638...

Thread closed - problem solved. But it isnt, the same old thing is happening again this morning. BT is right and the customer is always wrong.

0 Ratings
325 REPLIES 325
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 326

Re: email password rejection

The fact their reply advises they've done extensive testing and have been unable to idenfity any further issues leads me to think that your issue is probably not caused by the issues that they were investigating.

I suggest if you're still having problems you contact the moderators on here and allow them to investigate your individual issue.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
richard2010
Contributor
Message 3 of 326

Webby - in my world of systems software development the problem is solved when my customers say it is solved, not when I do. Frankly I dont care whether it is caused by a different problem or not, I just want it fixed. Since BT/Yahoo refuse to even hint as to what is causing the problem nobody knows whether their issues are related or not.

0 Ratings
berno
Contributor
Message 4 of 326

I too am still having the same problem and contacted the Mods who have done NOTHING to help.

Icannot believe that they closed down the thread for this problem when, clearly many others are still having their passwords rejected. Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
lorri66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 326

I guess we just have to keep starting a new thread! I emailed the mods after yesterday's closure saying I am still having problems, this is the third time of emailing them, they did answer my first one asking for more info but nothing since then. The pop ups are dreadful and if I don't close outlook I have to keep watching the screen if I am typing as my typing ends up in the password box of the pop up!!! The main irritation is that it affects my smartphone so when I am out on the move I cannot keep up with emails as they don't come through, the irritating password incorrect message comes up!!!. When they do (after logging onto btyahoo) we get all of them again. No probs with iPad. I want to ring BT but seems everyone has tried this so many times without success. It's such a shame, I don't want to leave BT, I have been with them since I ever had the Internet but this does make you start looking at other companies.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 326

hi those of you that have just contacted the mods over this issue they can take up to 3 working days to get back to you
0 Ratings
RG01
Contributor
Message 7 of 326

3 working days? That's OK then.

It won't make much difference, added to the 10 months of the previous thread.

0 Ratings
berno
Contributor
Message 8 of 326

I repeat… The mods have done NOTHING to help after I have contacted them.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 9 of 326

Hi guys,

I understand this is a frustrating issue for you, but as Davids last reply states, if you are still having trouble, please start an individual thread so we can help or contact us directly via the usual link.

Cheers,
Chris.
BT Mod Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
berno
Contributor
Message 10 of 326

OMG! This is like banging your head against a brick wall. ChristoperP… I HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT, SEVERAL TIMES AND THE MODS HAVE DONE NOTHING!!! Which bit don't you understand????
0 Ratings