cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

email problems

For about a week now I've had a problem with accessing my BT emails. What happens is that I get to the login page with no problem and enter my details with no problem. What then happens is that the process gets so far and stops. I can generally get onto my inbox by reloading the page (sometimes up to 50 times). At first I was told there might be a problem with my chrome settings so I jiggled those about but the problem remains. I also downloaded Microsoft edge but that makes no difference. I have an android tablet in addition to my desktop and don't have the problem with that. I have also tried switching off McAffee briefly to no effect. BT help has been ok although they haven't been too good at communicating and eventually told me the problem must be with my device but everything else seems to be functioning properly so I can't understand what the problem is. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: email problems

Hi @JS6116,

I am sorry to hear that you're having problems accessing your emails. From what you've described, it does sound like there's a potential issue with your desktop. The general rule of thumb is, if it's working with no problems on your other device, then it points towards your desktop. There could be corrupted cookies or cache on your PC that need to be deleted. If you didn't want to delete those at the moment I would recommend trying to open each browser in a private mode. For Chrome, open it in incognito mode and also try open Edge in an inPrivate window. Try and access your emails and see if you get the same issue or not. Let me know how you get on, please.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I've tried it with chrome in incognito mode and it made no difference.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks @JS6116.

Did you try the  private view in Edge too? Did you delete your cookies and cache? If you are deleting them through Chrome, make sure you choose 'Clear browsing data' and set the time range to 'All time'. Cookies and other site data should be selected.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings