cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

email problems

I use BT's email service. Apparently when I send emails the recipient receives a lot of code instructions before the body of the email. For example it will have the font style used and colour of font. It sometimes appears at the start of  paragaphs where there are changes to fonts.

an example is :

mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-language:EN-GB"> Dear Philip,

mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";mso-fareast-language:EN-GB">

Has anyone an idea how to stop this? I can't send important emails

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: email problems

Are you send the emails  formatted with RICH Text/HTML ? and is it only one person that get that issue?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

I'm not sure concerning how many people are getting this with my replies. I've only been notified by one recipient. I'm not sure what you mean by rich text. I just copy and paste the content from a word document and post.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

There's your problem, it is a known problem that BT are working on. Select Plain text in the Format option of the Compose window.

plaintext.jpg

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Thanks but it means you can't send corrected copies or replies . It will have to do for the moment.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

You can send what you like if you use a mail client such as Thunderbird or the built in W10 mail app.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Which Email client are you using..  Windows Mail  or MS Outlook , etc

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

@jeb0007 

Are you asking me or the OP?  I'm using MSOutlook, the OP is clearly using webmail 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

I'm using BT internet's supplied email programme. Never had any problems for about 20 years . This has happened in the last few days. If I change to thunderbird or something else will I be able to reverse the move should I wish to do so.?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Of course. You can use both methods at the same time if you wish. Make sure you configure the account as IMAP

0 Ratings