3. What is "me...me"

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
prabtcom
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: email system me...me

What is me...me ? ? ?

Why can't you show senders and recipients as before ???

And why can I not edit replies to emails as before ???

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT.

Why don't you have a read through the forum and you will find the answer to your questions.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
prabtcom
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I have tried to look through your forums, and cannot find any help that I can understand.

It seems that the only way of editing a reply to an email is to copy it all and paste it into a new email and you can start deleting what you don't want in the new email. But this is not a time-effective way of working, and at the age of 72 I have better things to do than learn ( which I can't find anyway ) some new system that you think is smart

And it doesn't solve the problem of having emails listed as coming from me to em " me...me "

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

This is not my forum. I have nothing to do with BT. I am just a BT customer like you and I do not think the email system is smart. I think using email through a web browser is anything but smart but I accept that many people do use email that way.

I suggested that you look through the forum because there are many people complaining of the same issues as you and they have posted various ways of resolving it and I have better things to do than repeat them all again however to try and help you the first thing to try is turning off the "conversations" feature. This link is for Yahoo but it is the same in BTYahoo.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/conversations-feature-en​abled-disabled-sln15805.html

Another thing to try is to revert to the "Basic" BTYahoo interface. It gives a basic look and some of the features are missing but it may suit your needs.

To do that open settings, this is found in the menu under the 'cog' image in the top right of the screen the under 'Viewing email' select the basic 'Mail version', and press save

prabtcom
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

From your Help "Our Conversations feature groups messages with the same subject line together for convenient viewing"

[ just for example, why could I now paste the above line copied from a yahoo help page when I clicked on the HTML tab, but not a few seconds ago when the "Rich Text" tab was highlighted ? You always seem to assume that users know what these techy terms means. ]

I don't, thank goodness, seem to have conversations grouped together, whatever that is. I am always unwilling to click on something to change the way that my computer operates. If I click on Mail Version "Basic", will I be able to click back to the "Full featured" version if for some reason I find your basic version is not as it was before it all changed.

I will say again, I don't know why you have a system that does not allow me to edit replies to email messages, ( even if only to remove text that is no longer part of my email communication back and fore with someone, but only keeping alive what is still relevant to myself and a.n. other. )

If you would like one compliment, your new system appears to be able to open odd files such as .doc without having to download them. If you are a joe blogs like myself, please pass this on to a yahoo employee.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@prabtcom wrote:

From your Help "Our Conversations feature groups messages with the same subject line together for convenient viewing"

[ just for example, why could I now paste the above line copied from a yahoo help page when I clicked on the HTML tab, but not a few seconds ago when the "Rich Text" tab was highlighted ? You always seem to assume that users know what these techy terms means. ]

I don't, thank goodness, seem to have conversations grouped together, whatever that is. I am always unwilling to click on something to change the way that my computer operates. If I click on Mail Version "Basic", will I be able to click back to the "Full featured" version if for some reason I find your basic version is not as it was before it all changed. Yes you will be able to go back by doing the same procedure that you used to change it to "Basic".

I will say again, I don't know why you have a system that does not allow me to edit replies to email messages, ( even if only to remove text that is no longer part of my email communication back and fore with someone, but only keeping alive what is still relevant to myself and a.n. other. )  There is no reason why you can not edit replies to emails as long as you have selected the email you want to reply to and clicked on the "reply to" icon. This should bring up a new box with the email that you are replying to and you should be able to edit anything that is in it.

If you would like one compliment, your new system appears to be able to open odd files such as .doc without having to download them. If you are a joe blogs like myself, please pass this on to a yahoo employee.

0 Ratings