cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen5000
Expert
Message 11 of 21

now on v2.19.1 - Yehhh....

Woke up this morning to find I'm now on v2.19.1, and have now got my 'attachment' view back in operation! Also discovered that a while back I had been put on v2.19.0 to see if it resolved another 'fault' I had but once fault was diagnosed, reverted back to 2.18.2 for almost 4 weeks till today. So, alls well that ends well.

Now, all I need sorted is to be told when I have new emails sitting in my sub folders and I'm pretty much sorted! 😀

EDIT

Spoke too soon!! After getting 69 pages of attachments, I went to view P2, got the usual error of 'no attachments found', then re logged in again and can no longer view any attachments. BT, please stop messing with my head - it's going to explode!!

no attachment.jpg

0 Ratings
dazbon
Contributor
Message 12 of 21

Re: now on v2.19.1 - Yehhh....

Welcome to the new & improved!!

We shall see if after deleting some emails I still have to refresh webpage to get anything to work.

0 Ratings
dazbon
Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Still unable to send emails to family etc if I am trying to send a link, e.g from energy supplier, pops up with error message saying suspect trogan etc & refuses to send. So this is still happening since update 😞

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 21

Are you sure that it is BTMail that is stopping it and not your antivirus or other security feature on your  browser/device or if you are using an email client/app, security on that.

0 Ratings
dazbon
Contributor
Message 15 of 21

Appears to be BT email specific, as when I send the exact same email with the link included via gmail there is no issue.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 21

Is the problem with all links or just specific ones?

0 Ratings
dazbon
Contributor
Message 17 of 21

Just seems to happen occasionally if I try to include a link from a site such as energy supplier, as happened yesterday, or a link to a funny of Facebook.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 21

I am not aware of any inbuilt security with BTMail that would be blocking genuine links to genuine sites from being emailed that I could suggest you turn off at least on a temporary basis to see if that is the problem.

Have you tried a "clean" browser with no addons/extensions per chance it is one of them that is causing the problem.

0 Ratings
dazbon
Contributor
Message 19 of 21

Tried both Edge & Chrome but no change. Not a major issue as I just send it via Gmail but thought I would mention it in case others were coming across the same problem.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 21

I rarely use webmail, preferring an email client,  except for testing issues highlighted on the forum and I have found no problems sending links in both rich and plain text.

0 Ratings