cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lgbrrg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

email

Does any one Know when the hover function on new email will be restored ? 

BT help ---as of today 6 Oct 

• Check the sending email address - Some spammers pose as legitimate businesses, so check the email address they are sending from by hovering your mouse over their email address name

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: email

The ability to hover to see the full email address is going to be re-instated at some point in the future. Meantime if you tick the box on the left of the email then go to the "More" button on the menu bar and select "View Source" it will show you the full header of the email or alternatively if you use a "Preview" view it will show you the full email address.

See link about further "fixes" that BT are working on.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-migrations-Update-from-BT/td-p/2062527

0 Ratings
lgbrrg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

ok this works - but to find the info you have to look through lots of small text -- help page is very specific --hover over sender to get info ,
the only good thing I can see about the new system -- is advertising has gone , as for preview -- doesn't give any info
aurum92
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

I agree, it is very clunky and the fonts on a desktop are very very poor. Not sure why they felt the need to change the layout.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

@aurum92 wrote:
 Not sure why they felt the need to change the layout.

BT changed the layout because your BTYahoo email was managed by Yahoo and the webpage belonged to Yahoo. BT no longer want Yahoo to have anything to do with BT email so BT have developed their own email system and have migrated your BTYahoo email account away from Yahoo to the "new" BTMail system which has been developed and is managed by BT an has nothing to do with Yahoo.

0 Ratings
aurum92
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

I've just set up a yahoo email account and am now pushing my bt email to that. So refreshing to be back on a simple and easy to use platform.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

You would possibly have been better to use an email client/app which would have negated the need to set up a Yahoo email account and forward your BTMail account to that and all that that entails as regards now being tied to two different email providers for your email address.

The email client/app would have accessed you BTMail account directly and any other email accounts you may have without the need for forwarding or a separate Yahoo account. An email client is independent of any email provider and its interface can not be changed by any provider.  

0 Ratings
aurum92
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

I'm happy with yahoo and it is a very simple process to do this. They haven't changed much at all over the years. Hopefully BT will sort any gremlins out and it will be a better interface if I need to use it again.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Be aware that by forwarding emails it may be seen that you are not logging onto your email account and this could lead to it being deleted for non use. To ensure that it is not deleted you should log on directly to the email account at least once every 90 days.

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/why-has-my-bt-email-address-been-suspended-or-deleted-#:~:text=Your%20...

0 Ratings
aurum92
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Thanks, it will stay on next to yahoo in my tabs. Unbelievably this notification appeared sooner in yahoo than BT's email??

0 Ratings