cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Rules for incoming email messages were changed warning banner

I have just received a warning banner across the top of my email page suggesting that my email rules have been changed (by someone else ?)

This appeared this morning and was dated/timed at the moment I signed in to emails today

I have never entered into the rules settings area and checking it out after receiving the message there are no rules listed

This warning banner continues to appear even after numerous log in and outs

I have changed my password now

Should I be worried ?

Do I need to do anything ?

Thanks...

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Re: Rules for incoming email messages were changed warning banner

I am getting the same message as well, followed the links to no avail, this only seems to happen on my main mail account.

Suspect it is just a pain.

But any advice of how to stop it welcome

• Your Auto-Reply settings were changed on Tue Jan 25 2022 13:07:46. To change this, go to Settings>Mail>Auto-Reply or for help visit https://www.bt.com/secure.X
  • The Rules for your incoming email messages were changed on Tue Jan 25 2022 08:56:25. To change these go to Settings>Mail>Rules or for help visit https://www.bt.com/secure.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

That message is a security feature to alert you to a change that may have been made to auto forwarding etc of email that you may not have made yourself. It is best to change your password to be on the safe side although it would appear to be an error as i have had the same message and no changes have been made.

I will ask the mods for clarification.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

I got the Yellow Banner on my main account.

One of my 'RULES', in 'EDIT MODE' has it's 'NAME' highlighted in a 'RED BOX'. It's a syntax error, it had a 'space' in it's 'NAME'. It's not obvious; unless you view each 'RULE' in turn.
Corrected the error, to the correct syntax. Saved.

OFH-LJ-0.2x32.gif

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Hi guys

I've highlighted the posts about this today to the Email Team, they're aware of this issue and are working on a fix no other details than that but if I get anything I will post here.

Thanks

Stuart

Message 17 of 17

I am having similar problems with existing rules getting a red box round them. I tried changing a rule and it just hangs and won’t do the change. Blocking domains from within emails seems to work OK.

0 Ratings