cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

email

I am getting this message on my email page "The Rules for your incoming email messages were changed on Tue Jan 25 2022 03 :39:40 "

But there are no rules showing in settings when I check & I do not know what should be there

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: email

You get that message if you or more importantly some body else has set up a rule on your email account such as forwarding emails to another account.

To check your rules you need to log on to your account and click on your user name at the right hand side hen go to settings then "Mail" then "Rules". If there is a rule that you did not set up take a note of what the rule is and delete it.

Also check "Auto Forwarding".

After doing that change your password because some body has got into your email account.

Message 3 of 17

Check in settings > mail > auto forwarding that a rule hasn't been set up to forward emails.

Message 4 of 17

Mesage on email home screen about changed settings

Hi

I logged in this morning to find the following message being displayed on screen as a yellow bar  ( not as part of an email  😞

"The Rules for your incoming email messages were changed on Tue Jan 25 2022 9:04:36 AM. To change these go to Settings>Mail>Rules or for help visit https://www.bt.com/secure."

I have no changed any rules on incoming email messages. I cannot find what rules have been changed by visiting either of the options. Has anybody else got this, and if the rules on MY account have been unilaterally changed by BT, why ?

I don't think it's part of a scam, but would welcome an explanation.

Thanks  

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

I got this too (and it won't go away!). I've checked & there are no rules on my account & auto-forwarding is not on.  No idea what's going on.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Re: Mesage on email home screen about changed settings

You get that message if you or more importantly some body else has set up a rule on your email account such as forwarding emails to another account.

To check your rules you need to log on to your account and click on your user name at the right hand side hen go to settings then "Mail" then "Rules". If there is a rule that you did not set up take a note of what the rule is and delete it.

Also check "Auto Forwarding".

After doing that change your password because some body has got into your email account.

Message 7 of 17

Great - many thanks for your fast response

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

I got the same message this morning - there are no rules set and never have been, something tells me this is down to a BT error

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

I also received the same message, with the time of the "change" as when I logged on to my email.  No changes have been made to any settings after a thorough check.  I also think this is a BT error.

Message 10 of 17

I also logged on this morning to the same message.  There's a similar thread here on the same subject.  I think it's a BT error.

0 Ratings