cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpollara
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

emails being marked as spam

BTInternet is tagging my outgoing emails as spam. I'm using SendGrid as an SMTP-provider. My IPs are healthy and I'm not on any other blacklists. When I tried to reach out to postmaster@btinternet.com I get no response. Is there anyone else I can talk to?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: emails being marked as spam

@jpollarawrote:

BTInternet is tagging my outgoing emails as spam. I'm using SendGrid as an SMTP-provider. My IPs are healthy and I'm not on any other blacklists. When I tried to reach out to postmaster@btinternet.com I get no response. Is there anyone else I can talk to?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Are you a BT Broadband customer?

Are you saying that when sending emails to customers with btinternet email addresses, they are not being delivered and you are receiving NDRs saying that your emails might be spam?

How long has this been happening? Has this been fine until recently? Is this for all and only emails to btinternet customers?

When did you contact the postmaster? They don't reply very quickly at all.

0 Ratings
jpollara
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply!

I am not a BT customer. I work for an online scheduling company that sends out tens of thousands of emails per day to our clients. Some of these clients are customers of BT. Our emails to these BT users, that they request, are being flagged as spam and bouncing back to our mail servers. Our email reputation is excellent and we're not having trouble anywhere else.

This has been happening for at least a few days now if not a week. It happened last August but the BT Postmaster sorted it out immediately. Unfortunately, this time around I'm having trouble even getting a response back. I've tried emailing multiple times but no luck.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

@jpollarawrote:

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply!

I am not a BT customer. I work for an online scheduling company that sends out tens of thousands of emails per day to our clients. Some of these clients are customers of BT. Our emails to these BT users, that they request, are being flagged as spam and bouncing back to our mail servers. Our email reputation is excellent and we're not having trouble anywhere else.

This has been happening for at least a few days now if not a week. It happened last August but the BT Postmaster sorted it out immediately. Unfortunately, this time around I'm having trouble even getting a response back. I've tried emailing multiple times but no luck.

Thanks for the info.

If there is any possibility that some of the recipients actually did not request it, and reported it as spam - then this could happen. You say the recipients request the emails, can you be 100% sure that they all have? Do you use confirmed opt-in for example?

If it has happened before, then there must be something awry here. Did the postmaster say what they did last time? As I said, the postmaster may not be quick to answer, and if they have records from back in August, potentially they might be doing some deeper investigation.

I'm not saying that you are doing anything wrong of course, but BTinternet do have the right to block anything they want.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @jpollara,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post.

Sorry to hear that your clients are having problems sending emails to btinternet.come mail addresses.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

The spam verdict is determined from many factors including message format, content (including URL and strings and contact details that has been seen in spam), source-IP reputation and sending-rate.  I know these from previous interactions with Postmasters.

Unfortunately sending is not a right but a privilege. If your customers want this email, they need to add the sending address to their safe sender list but this only applies to BT Mail, BT Yahoo does not have this feature. 

Twilio own SendGrid and they really know what they are doing so you should raise a fault back to them or get consultancy on good sending practices. 

0 Ratings