cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulmarg
Message 1 of 6

emails not sent

Go to solution

Hi I cannot send out emails but can recive them ok I use email address from my own web site "  "@islandpoolmusic.com and when I send an email I get a box up asking for user and password I have trid both my bt and my website user and passwords for email accounts but to no avail after this happens I get a box up telling me about errors but there is nothing in the errors box ,I had trouble setting up this when I started with bt and had to change something somewhere but cannot remember what I had to do ??????

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: emails not sent

Go to solution

You have to validate the e-mail account.

Try here first http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10903/~/how-to-verify-email-addresses-%28to-avoid-get...

Otherwise AndyN should be able to help, as he is the e-mail expert Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
paulmarg
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks but how do I do that then ???

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Read my edited post for help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@paulmarg wrote:

Hi I cannot send out emails but can recive them ok I use email address from my own web site "  "@islandpoolmusic.com and when I send an email I get a box up asking for user and password I have trid both my bt and my website user and passwords for email accounts but to no avail after this happens I get a box up telling me about errors but there is nothing in the errors box ,I had trouble setting up this when I started with bt and had to change something somewhere but cannot remember what I had to do ??????

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

In order to send using a non BTinternet email address as the From address (when using the BTinternet mail servers), you need to go through something called address verification.

What email client program are you using (e.g. Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail etc) ?

From the info you've supplied, it seems like you've not quite got the settings correct otherwise typically you would receive a 553 error email telling you to go to a website giving instructions on address verification.

What error message are you getting ?

Have a look at my shortcuts (link below) option 0e. Sorry it's fairly complex looking. If you need any more help, just pop back.

Highlighted
paulmarg
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks have been and sorted it from an email keith sent me thanks for everybodys help
0 Ratings