cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stairhf
Message 21 of 36

Re: emails wont send with outlook 2007

I have also been experiencing the same problems on and off since July and nearly having a breakdown with frustration with the BT support who have provided remote assistance only to find nothing wrong with my settings in Outlook.  The migration to the new BT server from Yahoo is causing problems to countless customers.  I am so fed up with being told to use BT webmail.  I hate BT webmail and have used Outlook for about 13 years with no problems until now.  I can send emails from other email accounts within Outlook but NOT BT ones (i.e. the emails I have had for almost as long as emails have been in existence).  BT have promised to get back to me within 24 hours.  I will keep you posted as to what their solution is but I am not holding out any hope.  

0 Ratings
Beaudiddy
Message 22 of 36

Re: email's wont send with outlook 2007

Hi... glad I am not the only person having this problem!!!

I have set up a new laptop and I'm unable to send e-mails via Outlook 2013, getting the 0x800CCC61error message. Switched back to old laptop and a machine that has worked perfectly for 6 years won't send e-mails now. Nothing has changed on this machine and I cannot see how the problem lies with me as advised by BT.

Having spent hours searching for a solution the best I have come up with is the fact I am remote from home and not using my home BT BB!!!

If anyone manages to find the answer please can you post it to save me from going mad...

Thanks

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 23 of 36

Please tell use the hostnames, port numbers and ssl settings you have configured in your client.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Skippie
Message 24 of 36

You can just disable peerblock, which is a quick workaround, but it should not be necessary.

Nick

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 25 of 36

I wonder how many people are blaming BT for the problems caused by peerblock.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Skippie
Message 26 of 36

It is a BT problem as it worked just fine before they changed to Critical Path.

0 Ratings
jlovie
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 36

I wonder how many people are blaming peerblock for the problems caused by BT!

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 28 of 36

@Skippie wrote:

It is a BT problem as it worked just fine before they changed to Critical Path.

Yes, because Yahoo isn't on the peerblock blocklist, but Critical Path is. Since BT don't make peerblock, you can't very well blame BT for what peerblock does wrong.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
Beaudiddy
Message 29 of 36

UPDATE: Was going to wait until I returned home to test e-mail access on home BB but as if by magic it has started working without changing any settings. Having checked various other forums relating to similar issues it appears that it may very well of been a BT problem caused by moving away from Yahoo servers and onto Critical Path.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 36

Re: emails wont send with outlook 2010

i am trying to send emails out from Outlook; however i get the message "Email not sent; error 522 you are using an insecure connection". However, i am using an 02 dongle, which i have used many times in the past, and it has not caused a problem. i am also getting the same message when trying to send out emails from my PDA [HTC Desire S]; when i try and update my settings it says "Error 522; you are connected to an insecure connection". i have tried the BT help desk, and it really is a BT helpless desk. You wait 25 minutes for a chat line, and no-one turns up; you try phoning 0800 11134567 and then get passed to someone who cannot help.

This is driving me mad. Please help!

0 Ratings