cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wmorrison
Message 1 of 3

emails

Hi

This is my first on the forum, I have recently moved up to BT broadband and am using Yahoo mail, my problem is this .

Emails are being sent and received using Yahoo without any problems.

When I am on a web site and try using" contact us" I get a message saying that Live Mail cannot connect and is not installed properly, the only that I can meke contact is by copy and paste, can anyone help, in plain english as I am a very silver haired surfer.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
vofsanity
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: emails

WMorrison,

The reason for this is that the website is trying to use your default Email Client which it thinks is Live Mail.  As you are using webmail to send and receive emails and have probably not set up Live Mail then you get this problem.

I would recommend that you set up an email client to get round this problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: emails

@wmorrison wrote:

in plain english as I am a very silver haired surfer.

An email client is a program which automatically downloads emails to your computer, stores them, and lets you send messages without having to go to the host website. If you have an email client, clicking "send email" or something similar on a web page automatically opens the facility to send a message straight from your computer.

Thunderbird is a popular free email client. Downloading it is straightforward but setting it up may be tricky if you don't have relevant experience, and it might be as well to get some help. Once set up it should be a breeze.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings