Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vjk1
Beginner
Message 1 of 113

error message 554 - can't receive emails from some people

my emails are not getting through to me from some people , although I seem to be able to send them ...

the message they get is

tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain btinternet.com by mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk. [65.20.0.49].

The error that the other server returned was:
554 Message rejected for policy reasons (3.2.1.1)

can anyone help me to fix this please ?

many thanks

112 REPLIES 112
adamsmessages
Beginner
Message 2 of 113

BT Email Issue- Error when sending emails to just BT mail accounts. Policy rejection message.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

A problem occurred during the delivery of this message to this e-mail address. Try sending this message again. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

The following organization rejected your message: mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk.

mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk #<mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk #5.0.0 SMTP; 554 Message rejected for policy reasons (3.2.2.1)> #SMTP#

jonathancherry
Beginner
Message 3 of 113

Re: BT Email Issue- Error when sending emails to just BT mail accounts. Policy rejection message.

I am also having this exact issue. Cannot get any emails through to @btinternet email addresses. All my customers using BT are pulling thier hair out. PLEASE HELP. 

Same error: 554 Message rejected for policy reasons (3.2.2.1)

We have both DKIM and SPF set up and are not sending spam. Our domain is not on any blacklists.

Emails to all other service providers seem to getting through fine.

0 Ratings
jonathancherry
Beginner
Message 4 of 113

554 Message rejected for policy reasons (3.2.2.1)

I am recieving the following message in a bounce back when i send emails to any btinternet email addresses:

554 Message rejected for policy reasons (3.2.2.1)

We are using Google Apps as our email provider. We are not sending spam. The domain is not on any blacklists. We have SPF and DKIM set up.

Emails to all other addresses seem to work fine. The only issue we have is when sending to btinternet email addresses.

Very frustrating. All our customers using BTInternet as their emails are pulling their hair out as we are unable to respond to them as things stand.

Please please can somebody help? I have spoken to Google who have confimred there is nothing wrong with the email set up. The issue must be on the BT side.

0 Ratings
jonathancherry
Beginner
Message 5 of 113

Re: error message 554 - can't receive emails from some people

Also having this problem. So frustrating!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 113

I have merged the posts about this as there is no point in having muliple threads running about the same problem.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
djackson
Beginner
Message 7 of 113

We are getting the same - it looks like BT use a company called Cyren to handle their mail filtering - pop in your external address on their site and it will confirm if you are currently blacklisted.

We have been able to get unblocked multiple times, but they never reply to any request to be whitelisted (we only send emails providing status updates on customers applications so never spam).

http://www.cyren.com/ip-reputation-check.html

Message 8 of 113

Hi Guys,

Thank you for highlighting. I have contact the BT Mail team to see what I can find out and I will post back as soon as I get any information.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 113

Hi Guys,

The BT Mail team are looking into this and have asked if you can send in your details to help with the investigation. You send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
jonathancherry
Beginner