cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: export bt mail data to another provider

Go to solution

Hi. I have BT and gmail set up on Thunderbird, and I have the BT email folders and address book there as well.

But i cannot see how to copy from BT to Gmail, or how to create local folders. Can you give a step by step help please.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

To copy from BT to Gmail, literally just drag and drop the emails in bulk. If you create a new folder in the Gmail account and name it, say, BT you might be able to drag and drop complete folders. I'm not at my PC at the moment to experiment.

If you have both accounts in Thunderbird, there is no need to use local folders. But for reference, there should be a heading of Local Folders in the left hand pane above the accounts, you can expand this and add new folders by right clicking on the heading.

Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

The email client I’m using is Mac Mail on an iMac and I have two BT accounts, my wife’s BT account, a Yahoo account, an iCloud account and my wife’s Gmail account. Emails can happily be dragged between them all. I assume Thunderbird will be the same.

Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

Hi. As usual, thanks . You are so helpful.

I have not managed to drop all BT folders together into Gmail. But I have managed to drop folders one by one. However, the Gmail section is so far down the folder list that I can't finish it because the Gmail section is too far down the list for me to drag to. Is there a way to set up two panes and drag across, or any other way of doing it. Also, I cannot seem to drag and drop the address book. Again, is there a way to copy it to Gmail? 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks. If you read the reply I have just sent Wise sage, you will see my problem. Any help would be welcome

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

Sorry, I meant Distinguished Sage

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

If you pick up the folder just drag it to the top of the pane and the pane will scroll.

Alternatively, collapse the Gmail folders, it doesn't need to be expanded if you are dropping the folders into the root folder.

The address book is common to all accounts so no need to do anything with it if it is already in Thunderbird.

Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks. Unfortunately, the Gmail section is at the bottom, and it doesn't seem to scroll when I get the folder to the bottom of the part pane shown. I tried to shift the Gmail but it does not pick up.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

Is any part of the Gmail structure visible? If it is, just drop the folders anywhere and move them again afterwards.

Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

Thank you. I have managed to move my folders to gmail, although not easy. I don't know why because I can move and organise by drag and drop in MS.

You say don't worry about contacts because they are common to all, but they do not appear in my stand alone gmail, and I cannot see a way of moving them. Does this mean I can only access them in Thunderbird, and would need to email from there

0 Ratings