Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coleyjf
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

failure to RECEIVE btinternet.com emails fro other webspace

Hi, 

I've a weird one and the tech support at BT Help don't seem to be able to help me!

Background:
I have a btinternet.com email address (******@btinternet.com) and some 7 sub addresses, plus a googlemail email address. I am a parish councillor on Groby Parish Council. Their web domain is Groby.com and their emails are various *@groby.com addresses.

Problem:

Ever since another councillor was hacked and their email ( not a BT email but another supplier) was blocked and then re-instated the council emails (****@groby.com, ****@@groby.com  etc) have been unable to send emails to ANY btinternet.com address. Not just mine but ALL Btinternet addresses! 

Obviously checked my blocked email lists and spam folders and  also tried all 7 of my sub accounts. The other odd thing is that they do not get email fail notifications, it looks to the office that the emails are getting through. 

I assume that there is a problem between the btinternet.com "cloud" and that of Groby.com but neither side will admit to any problems. Before I attack again I wondered if anyone here has any ideas?

Any inspirational ideas Gratefully Received 🙂 

heers Jim Coley 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: failure to RECEIVE btinternet.com emails fro other webspace

You need to delete or obfuscate the email addresses you have posted. This is a public forum and your email addresses could end up being subject to large amounts of spam. 

0 Ratings
coleyjf
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks - looks like admin have done that for me 🙂 ( Thanks Admin)
cheers D.S.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Hi, welcome to the forums.

How do you mean their email was blocked after the initial hack? When was this, and when was it re-instated (from what sort of block?)

The issue may not be to do with the block, unless the mail server IP address was seen as compromised due to the hack. In which case BT's security system (which in my view is too aggressive) may be preventing access. So this might mean sending an email to the postmaster[@btinternet.com] (from a groby address) saying what is happening.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
coleyjf
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi and thanks, I believe that it is that BT's security being too aggressive is what may be causing the issue. The hack resulted in a large number of addresses being sent "begging" emails from one of our Councillors ( the Chairman!). It was soon sorted but from that time it seems that BT have blocked emails from the ***@groby.com domain. I'll talk to our network management people who look after the groby.com domain and suggest they do that.
Thanks
Jim

0 Ratings