cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
federicobazz
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

fixing messed up formatting on reply message

When replying to an e-mail, the message formatting is messed up with lines melting togther etc .

Any suggestion how to fix it ?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: fixing messed up formatting on reply message

Are you including the original email in your reply. If so it may be that the email was sent in rich text and you are replying in plain text.

Check to see if you are replying in rich text or plain text and which ever one you are using swap to the other to see if it sorts your problem. You can change the format from rich to plain per email by clicking on the "format" box in the menu bar.

If you want to permanently change it you need to go into the settings found by clicking on your user name at the top right and then click on "Mail" and scroll down to "Compose messages in rich text format" and either check or uncheck as required then tick "save"

0 Ratings
federicobazz
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I still have issue when replying to an e-mail, the message formatting is messed up with lines melting together etc .

Also when forward an  e-mail , the text on previous message disappear

Any suggestion how to fix it ?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

As per the first reply, check which format you are using when replying.

As for the "previous message" text disappearing,  go to the settings found by clicking on your username at the right hand side then click on "Mail" on the left and when that opens make sure the box beside "Reply quoting the original messages" is ticked.

0 Ratings
federicobazz
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks but the issue is still there : I've tried to check if   replying in rich text or plain text and which ever one I'm  using swap to the other bu it doesn't  sorts the problem. Text still messing up

0 Ratings