cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

gmail no longer receiving btmail

Go to solution

I have used a bt email address for years now. It is my primary email address. I haven't received any updated emails since 14/06/2017. I am no longer with BT

I tried resetting the POP/IMAP settings, nothing. Then I deleted my bt account (from gmail), so I could add it again. I cannot connect to the server.

Various error messages

Your other email provider is responding too slowly. Please try again or contact the administrator, etc

Connection timeout message

Authentication fail

I can send and receive emails from AOL to gmail, who I was with years ago, before BT

I have tried every password I have ever used, and nothing. I really need to check my emails. When I try to reset, BT Yahoo doesn't recognise my email or phone.

Any help appreciated

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: gmail no longer receiving btmail

Go to solution

Are you paying for BT premium mail, if not your email address is likely to have been deleted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

No, but I didn't receive any advance email advising me of deletion of account. Can i retrieve the emails if I subscribe to premium?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

If you are no longer a BT customer and you are not paying for the BT Premium email service it is possible that your email account has been deleted by BT or Yahoo.

See link about what happens when your BT Broadband stops

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44499/~/why-has-my-bt-mail-address-been-deleted%3F

Have you tried logging onto your email account via webmail

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

https://login.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=ph

As you are no longer a BT customer it is very unlikely that BT will offer you any assistance with this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Possibly not, but you can try calling the premium mail team on 0800 6335335 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I have tried that, it come up when I try to add email account. . Email etc not recognised

But also says Gmailify cannot connect. It was working perfectly fine until 4 days ago

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

If you can not log on via the webmail links I posted it is obviously nothing to do with your gmail etc and is most probably that the account has been deleted.

As you are not a paying BT customer I would guess that BT are under no obligation to inform you that the account was going to be deleted.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings