Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gordyd
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

gmail to bt interbet email account

Go to solution

how come at present any email I send from my gmail account to anyone with a BT Internet email account is ending up in the beneficiary spam box. I did a test and sent one from  my gmail to my BT emaill address and it too went straight to spam. I am not bulk addressing , and as far as I know am not blocked in any other way at the beneficiary end.

Gordee

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: gmail to bt interbet email account

Go to solution

just tried sending from my gmail to btinternet address and worked ok  so not an overall problems must be specific to you

did you try rebooting router to get different ip address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Gordyd
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Makes no difference. I also tried the gmail forum, and nobody on there is able to advise or help. Question now is do I delete the gmail or the btmail. Probably the gmail, as the problem would appear to be at that end. Although it is strange that BT does not reject as spam my wife's gmail.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

It will almost certainly be a BT problem, presumably Gmail arrives ok to other recipients.

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Hi,
Welcome to the world of algorithms and heuristics of anti-spam.

You are being flagged as potentially spam as opposed to being rejected as spam which means something in your subject headers or body has spam like properties but not enough to fully reject you.

1. If you are not a bulk sender, do you use any 3rd party services or private server to send the the gmail?
2. Test emails are not the best way as these often get flagged up as spam when you have hardly any content and has words like Test. Try sending same email content and subject from your wife’s gmail and your gmail.
Gordyd
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for this. I have solved the problem, and it is rather wierd, but not really when one thinks of it lodgicly. My nickname or user name on the gmail account was El Gordo, which as you may know happens to be the name of the Spanish Lottery.  The BT Email obviously thought I was part or too close to the Spanish lottery.

I have now deleted the El Gordo to something less exotic, and gmails are going through unhindered.

Wierd or what ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@Gordydwrote:

Thanks for this. I have solved the problem, and it is rather wierd, but not really when one thinks of it lodgicly. My nickname or user name on the gmail account was El Gordo, which as you may know happens to be the name of the Spanish Lottery.  The BT Email obviously thought I was part or too close to the Spanish lottery.

I have now deleted the El Gordo to something less exotic, and gmails are going through unhindered.

Wierd or what ?

Interesting stuff, but unless this has cleared by a pure coincidence, it clearly shows that the BT email anti-spam system is useless.

0 Ratings